Ortus Arena is the adaptation of a game by Firebrush Studios which will soon be accessible for some different platforms, one of which being Android. This particular game includes a hexagon-filled playing area where players will be controlling their Warlord and subsequent soldiers as they undertake their opponent for domination.
Players will be controlling a warlord who is defying his only rival, taking the battle into a final showdown of sorts. Your army consists of 8 warriors: 4 melee-type troops and 4 ranged-type troops. From there your goals are to knock out 8 from the opponent’s warriors or to control 5 from the Energy Wells around the board. The power Wells represent the earth’s Core, that is what powers everything in farmville.
Ortus Arena Features:
– Multiplayer mode: Local or Online, you can try to outsmart your friends!
– Solo mode: You can learn the game’s basis using the campaign which is also a tutorial, or you can try to beat the AI if you’re on your own.
– 3 ways to win: Control 5 Energy Wells, get rid of 8 of the ennemy’s soldiers or get the Help guide to the middle of the map!
– Strategy prevails: No dice rolling, no card drawing, the victory in entirely up to your logical and strategic skills. Luck doesn’t have a location in Ortus, but your brain does!
– Online Leaderboard: Depending of your online scores, you’ll climb higher and better within the leaderboard, test your might and then try to be the better!
– Pre-Installed on the 3D glass-free tablets FreeVi: During a contest, Ortus Arena arrived the top 10 games, which gave the right to be pre-installed on the FlightDeck tablets: using the 3D feature, players can immerse themselves in Ortus Arena, and the battles look even cooler.
Energy Wells are pretty important simply because they provide more energy for any player at the beginning of their turn. If you control 3 Energy Wells, you will have that much more energy at the beginning of your turns before you lose/gain wells. You will use energy to move and attack with your warriors on your turn, or defend from your opponent’s attacks throughout his turns. So you’ll have to do a little resource management in this game.
As imaginable, this is a strategy turn-based game. Another feature is the fact that there aren’t any dice rolls or any sort of luck-based mechanics in this game. It is all about how you use your troops and just what you do each turn. At this time there is no official release date for Android, iOS or Steam’s version. However, you can test to get involved with the closed beta by signing of for it on the game’s website.
Official Website: Ortus Arena (Beta sign-up)